The Melbury Clinic publishes a regular Quality Assurance (QA) report to demonstrate to members of the public and to referring doctors and other healthcare professionals just how seriously we take Quality and Safety. In addition, we monitor our performance over time and against standards which we have set ourselves, as well as against independent national standards whenever they might apply.
The QA report for April 2019 is published below. You can see that we monitor accidents, incidents, near misses and complications such as infections and admissions to hospital. The Melbury Clinic has a robust system for recording such events, analysing them at our Clinical Governance Meetings and disseminating lessons learned to all members of staff so that patient safety is continuously improved. The Clinic also monitors our performance against national guidelines such as those from the National Institute of Health and Care Excellence. In the light of this information, modifications may be made through changes in our policies and procedures.
In our QA report below, you will also see how we monitor quality and how we make changes. The Clinic has set itself a zero tolerance for complications in areas such as deep vein thrombosis (DVT), collapse, infection, allergic reactions, medication errors and emergency admission to hospital. Our report shows that the Clinic met our quality targets in April in all areas. The Clinic also monitors the Quality of the Vein Treatments against NICE Guidance QS67.
Our QA report also gives information about the feedback we have received, audits undertaken, meetings held and improvements made.
- Audits completed:
- Storage temperatures for pharmaceuticals kept within recommended ranges at all times
- Environmental and cleaning audit
- Pharmacy Audit
- Informal daily staff meetings
- Business Meeting 9th April
- Staff meeting 24th April
- Medical Advisory Committee Meeting 11th April
Safety alerts/ clinical guidance/Regulations changes:
- No of MHRA alerts received: 5
- No of relevant alerts requiring action: 0
Improvements and reviews of practice
- New CCTV system installed
- New patient monitor installed
- Annual stock take reviewed and updated
- Window frames renovated.
Get In Touch and Send Us Your Feedback
If you would like more information about any aspect of our QA report, do please contact us. In addition, if you would like to send us feedback about your care at The Melbury Clinic, positive or negative, we are always pleased to hear from you.
There are many ways for you to give feedback
- calling us by telephone – 01935 873951
- verbally to any member of staff
- using the contact form on the website
- filling our survey form
- sending feedback directly to our regulator, the Care Quality Commission
- On the independent website, IWantGreatCare
- making a complaint – contact Maddie Groves, firstname.lastname@example.org